Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Here is a very easy card I made using my Cricut Home Decor Cartridge. I have Create A Critter coming in and can't wait to make some cute animal cards!! I ruffled the ribbon as I used my sewing machine to sew it onto the card base. I love sewing on cards!! This is a really simple to make card with very cute effects. Perfect for that sweet little girl in your life :)
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Thank you Jamie for this award! I've always admired your blog and to receive this award from you is such an honor :) You can visit Jamies blog, Jamie's Crazy Craft Life, "here".
To have the honor of receiving the Stylish Blogger Award you must always pay it forward to other bloggers who are fairly new to blogging or to bring more fans to those you enjoy following.
With this award you are to share eight things about yourself. Then pass the award to eight others
I'd like to pass the Stylish Blogger Award to:
1) Elsa "Just A Few Paper Designs"
2) R.Maria "Lollyrot Scrapbooking"
3) LaShawnda "Stampin' with La'Diva"
4) Marie "Art of Marie"
5) Cynthia "Craftilicious with Cynthialoowho"
6) Jo "Paper Drama"
7) Rina "Scrap Musubi"
8) Gisele "Supersnooks13"
Yikes! Eight things about myself?? Here goes...:
1) Since I'm holding a cup of coffee right now, I'll start with the fact that I need my morning cup of java!! (or two)
2) I'm a work from home mom. I work for two different web stores managing product input and social media sites (that's my excuse for always being on Facebook!)
3) I love roses. Well, I love rose drawings and paintings and my daughters middle name is Rose. I love rose colors (tattered rose, dusty rose...) but I don't really like the actual flower. It may be that it's too cliche, but there you have it.
4) My favorite show growing up was The Carol Duvall Show. I liked HGTV a lot better than MTV! I'm such a dork, I know :)
5) I'm a Navy brat. My favorite place to live was Guam! I love island life, and the fact that I could walk to a beautiful tropical beach in two minutes to snorkel on the reef was awesome. I'm so happy I got to experience that. Now to convince my husband that we need to move there...
6) For my 10th birthday, my dad quit smoking (cold turkey after smoking all of his teen and adult life) at my request. Because of this, I have never and will never pick up a cigarette. I also won $100 at bingo so that was a really good birthday :)
7) I'm afraid of aliens. I do believe there are life forms on other planets and that they have the ability to visit Earth. You know that story about the Bermuda Triangle and the big brightly lit object that comes out of the water and zooms across the night sky? Did you know that the earliest recorded sighting of that particular light in what is now known as the Bermuda Triangle can be found in the log of Christopher Columbus? True story.
8) I love love love to read. I loved the Twilight Series as well as The Host, also by Stephenie Meyer. My favorite author is Jane Austen and my favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. Other favorites include Little Women, Gone With The Wind, The Mysterious Journey of Edward Tulane (read that one with my son and loved it), Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, The Hidden Diary of Marie Antionette, Confessions of a Queen, Mary Queen of Scotts and the Isles, and many more. I especially love books based in the past :)
Thanks again, Jamie. I can't wait to read more random facts about some awesome bloggers :) Have a great day, everyone <3
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
With an infant and a small child it's difficult to find a minute to craft! I usually save my crafting for late at night, but I've been so tired lately since Jaidyn still isn't sleeping through the night. I know I'll miss these sleepless nights when she's all grown up and asking to borrow the car, but for now I'm just trying to get some shut-eye whenever I find a quiet minute :) In other words, I haven't been able to do too much scrappin'. I have made a few cards, two altered canvas's for myself, and one as a birthday gift for my Daddy (pics coming soon). I still haven't finished my 'You and Me' mini which I've shown on my youtube channel but it'll be done soon. What have you all been up to?